Hello friends, welcome back to another new article. In your Termux application, you must have a lot of personal data or files that you don’t want anyone to access without your permission, or simply you don’t want anyone to run some command in your Termux application without your permission. To fix it, you can lock your Termux application with some app lock. Using app lock is a good practice, but in this article, I’ll tell you a simple way to lock your Termux application with a script.
Installing and setting Up Termux Lock
- Make sure Termux API is installed in your device from F-droid. If it’s not installed then install Termux API from F-Droid.
- Your phone needs to have fingerprint reader.
After you make sure you met the requirements, launch your Termux application and follow the commands given below to set up fingerprint lock in Termux.
- Update the list of packages using apt update command.
- Install wget package with the help of apt package manager.
apt install wget
- Copy-paste the command given below to install and setup fingerprint lock.
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MrAlpha786/termux-fingerprint-lock/master/setup; chmod u+x setup; bash setup
- When asked for fingerprint authentication, provide the correct fingerprint and termux lock will be set successfully.
Disabling Termux Lock
To disable fingerprint termux lock in your termux application, get inside the directory where you have downloaded the setup file and then run that setup file using
bash setup command. After that, when asked for fingerprint authentication place your fingerprint on the fingerprint reader and the termux lock will be removed.
So this is how you can simply set a fingerprint lock in your Termux application and then remove it. If you have any issues while installing or removing the lock, watch the video given below.