In this article, I’ll show you how you can install Kali Nethunter on an android device without root. We’ll be using Termux to install Kali Nethunter and one GitHub repository to make our Kali NetHunter installation simple.
What Is Kali Nethunter?
Kali Nethunter is an open-source mobile penetration testing platform designed by the developers of Kali Linux OS. It is available for Android devices and is based on Kali Linux operating system.
Once can install Kali Nethunter in both rooted and unrooted android devices and one can use both Command Line Interface (CLI) and Graphical User Interface (GUI) version of Kali Nethunter.
Install Kali Nethunter In Android Device
Step 1 : Install required applications
We are going to install Kali Nethunter in an android device with the help of the Termux application, so make sure Termux is installed on your android device. If it isn’t click here to download Termux from F-Droid.
If you are planning to run the GUI version of Kali Nethunter, you are going to need a VNC viewer application. Download the VNC viewer application from PlayStore by clicking here.
After required applications to install Kali Nethunter are installed in your device i.e Termux and VNC viewer, you are ready to move to Step 2.
Step 2 : Install Kali Nethunter
Launch your Termux application and follow the commands given below to successfully install Nethunter in an android device.
- Update the local list of packages.
- Install git package.
apt install git
- Clone Nethunter-In-Termux repository from GitHub in nethunter directory.
git clone git clone https://github.com/amanbytes/NetHunter-In-Termux nethunter
- After the repository is cloned, get inside nethunter directory.
chmod +x nethunter-in-termux.sh
This nethunter-in-termux script will first download the official nethunter installer file and then it will make a change in it, so you won’t get any error. After that, it will execute the nethunter installer. Nethunter installer will download a rootfs file of 1.4 GB so make sure you have enough data balance for it. After rootfs file is downloaded it will be extracted and nethunter will be successfully installed on your android device.
After the installation is completed you’ll see a message saying Nethunter in Termux installed successfully. (as shown in the image below)
nethunter in termux you can run it in CLI mode as shown in the image below.
Step 3 : Run Graphical Nethunter Using VNC viewer
To run the graphical version of nethunter make sure VNC viewer is installed in your device.
- Before starting a VNC server for our Nethunter, first we need to set password for our VNC server. So type the command given below to specify password for Nethunter VNC server.
nethunter kex passwd
- After you successfully set password for VNC server, type the command below in your termux terminal to start VNC server on localhost:1 of nethunter.
nethunter kex &
- After that open VNC viewer application, and click on the green + button that is on the bottom of the screen to add a new connection.
- In address section enter localhost:1 and in name enter anything you want like Kali Linux Nethunter. After you are done, click on Create to create a new connection.
- Click on the big connect button to connect to the Kali Nethunter VNC server.
- Click on Ok when you get unencrypted connection warning.
- In Authentication section enter the password you sepcified while creating VNC server password. After that click on Continue.
- Boom ! Now you must be seeing graphical verison of Nethunter in your Phone, you can rotate you phone to get a better experience of GUI version of Nethunter.
- To stop VNC server anytime, switch back to termux and type the command given below.
nethunter kex stop
So this is how you can install and use the GUI version of Nethuner on an android device.
Kali Nethunter Commands
||start Kali Nethunter in CLI mode|
||start Kali Nethunter in CLI mode|
||set password for VNC server|
||start VNC server for graphical Kali Nethunter|
||stop VNC server|
||run any command in Nethunter environment|
||start Nethunter as root in CLI mode|
||set VNC password for root user|
||start VNC server for graphical Kali Nethunter as root|
||stop graphical Nethunter root sessions|
||kill all VNC server sessions|
||run any command in Nethunter environment as root|
Note : All the normal user VNC session runs on localhost:1 by default and root user VNC session runs on localhost:2. So for connecting to root user VNC session, create new connection of address localhost:2 in VNC viewer app.
So this is how you can install and use Kali Nethunter on an android device with the help of the Termux application. If you get stuck somewhere while installing watch the video given below for a better understanding.